Sunday, February 1, 2015

Telefon Tel Aviv - Lengthening Shadows (Unmixed) and beyond



A track from the post-Charles Cooper-era Telefon Tel Aviv I somehow missed hearing:


Telefon Tel Aviv - Lengthening Shadows (Unmixed)  



Lyrics were posted here:

My bones have wasted away
and I've withered like the weeds
It's gone, my life, it's gone



It's interesting the direction Telefon Tel Aviv's remaining half has moved in. I was disappointed with the various remixes that followed TTV's "Immolate Yourself" album / Cooper's passing -- they just lacked the ethereal gravity I loved in their 2009 release.


However, Joshua Eustis (the other half of the band) seems to have carved out an interesting future following that shakeup:


Case in point, Eustis' Darkwave-Industrial-Synthpop(?) project Sons of Magdalene, and his latest release "Move to Pain":

No comments:

Post a Comment